Nine Steps to Creating Killer TikTok Ad Creatives
In late 2020, TikTok launched its self-service ad platform and Business Centre, which brands and agencies are already seeing some really powerful results in terms of brand uplift and consideration metrics.
But TikTok isn't just another social platform. It's a powerhouse in its own right and if you are thinking of running ads on the platform then you need to make sure your creative is spot on and built for TikTok, not just a repurposed creative.
Take a look at these nine quick and easy steps for creating killer TikTok ad creatives...
- Design for sound on: music is a findemental part of TikTok so design your ad creatives for sound on and tell the story through lyrics and sound
- Three-second rule: Research shows that 63% of videos with key messages within the first three seconds see the highest click-through-rate (CTR) so make sure your brand messages appear nice and early
- Co-Create: The best TikTok content is created by the seasoned pros - so why not join forces and get a TikTok creator to create your content? In 2020, TikTok launched TikTok Creator Marketplace which allows you to collaborate with some of the biggest TikTok creators in creating killer content for the platform
- Trend-setters: TikTok is all about trending hastags, topics, new effects and editing styles. Keep abreast of the latest trends and incorporate them into your ad creative
- Be authentic: TikTok users love lighthearted content and to be entertained. So keep your subject matter light and be positive
- Go native: TikTok is a vertical full-screen experience app so shoot your content in this exact way. Film 9:16 and vertical wherever possible, TikTok reported a 25% increase in watch-through-rate on all vertical videos
- Engage the viewer: make sure you try and incorporate the viewer into your content as much as possible. Ask questions and provoke reactions throughout to increase engagement rates and ensure your ads reach a higher volume of people
- Don't forget about text: overlay your video content with concise and informative text. Get creative and use text effects and stickers to help create more cut through, TikTok reported a 40% higher view rate on videos using text
- Use CTAs: Always include a clear and concise call-to-action (CTA) on your creative. Consider using personal language to guide the user on customer journey and the action you would like them take
TikTok is expected to be on track to hit £20.4nillion in ad revenue in 2021, so if you're looking to target Millenials or Gen-Z audiences, then start testing some TikTok ads. Get in touch if you'd like to talk more about all things TikTok and your paid social stratgey.