The Weekly (30/11 – 04/12)
In the week when we were all relieved to hear the news of a new COVID injection, here’s everything else you need to know…
Top Social Stats:
- Facebook posts with less than 50 characters see the best engagement (Social Pilot)
- Retail brands see a 2 times higher return on ad spend on Pinterest, compared to other social platforms (Hootsuite)
- Facebook’s highest traffic occurs during mid-week between 1pm to 3pm in the afternoon and a post will get more clicks on average when posted around 7pm (Fanbooster)
This Week’s Innovations:
Spotify Ads Update
This week, Spotify has made some updates to its ads platform.
Firstly, the platform has released a new set of licensed background tracks recorded by independent artists, including festive music for Christmas campaigns.
The platform has also added a new audio revision tool so that users can quickly make changes to an audio ad. Within this, users can add a new background track as well as adjust timing and volume levels.
As well as this, Spotify has updated its campaign structure so that users can now organise ads in ad studio at a campaign, ad set or ad level.
Finally, Spotify has added more customisation to its dashboard views so that users can gain more specific insight by date range.
Click here for more information – https://bit.ly/3qqk8Ni
Instagram is testing a new FAQ option for business accounts.
This will enable brands to highlight common questions and provide quick feedback to customers.
Businesses will be able to set up four common questions that will be shown in your initial message interaction, similar to Facebook Messenger.
There’s no news yet as to when this will be fully rolled out and the feature appears to still be in early testing but will definitely be a handy tool when it comes to community management!
Click here for the full details – https://bit.ly/2VwnsIn
‘Spotlight’ By Snapchat
Snapchat has launched a new feature called ‘Spotlight’.
‘Spotlight’ is essentially Snapchat’s version of TikTok, with Snap looking to use a range of short video snaps to re-create the TikTok experience within the app.
The feed will feature a range of clips from both public and private Snap accounts, which users are able to submit.
The feature will be accessible within a new dedicated ‘Spotlight’ tab.
Spotlight clips will be shown to each user based on:
- Total views
- View time (i.e. if people watch a clip through to completion)
- Favourites and Shares
Click here to read more. – https://bit.ly/36AdP1G
Reels Branded Content Tag
Instagram is rolling out a new branded content tag on Reels.
The platform is also testing the tag on Instagram Live in the coming weeks.
Instagram commented, “We want to ensure that creators can clearly disclose when they’re creating branded content, no matter what format they choose to use.”
With this, Creators can now approve or pause any ads published from their handles with a new workflow:
- The advertiser sends a request for ad creation access.
- The creator accepts ad creation access, with a notification sent to the advertiser upon acceptance.
- The creator receives a notification of the created ad for their approval.
Click here to read more – https://bit.ly/36BPo3K
Campaign of The Week
This week Spotify has released this year’s ‘Spotify Wrapped’- and it’s had a makeover!
We love seeing our Spotify wrapped and were excited to see that this year’s wrapped included a few new features such as:
- In-app quizzes
- The ‘Story of Your 2020’
- A deeper dive into podcast listening
- Badges that crown listeners based on their listening habits
- A new personalised playlist
And best of all, Spotify is even opening up the world of wrapped to non-Spotify users to see this year’s global listening trends.
Stay safe and have a great weekend!